Aras Eanna is delighted to announce two artist residencies on the beautiful island of Inis Oirr early in the new year.
Applications are open to artists who are based in the Gaeltacht, from any art form.
The two residencies will begin on January 30, 2022 and continue until March 12, giving artists a fabulous opportunity to spend six weeks on our Gaeltacht island.
Accommodation will be provided in an artists’ house on the island and studio space will also be available at Aras Eanna.
Aras Eanna is the most westerly arts centre in all of Europe, based on the beautiful island of Inis Oirr. We celebrated our 21st birthday as an arts centre in 2021 with a number of wonderful outdoor events.
Included in the residency are:
- Return ferry from Rossaveel (Co Galway)
- Stipend of €2,750 for each artist
- The use of equipment at Aras Eanna to document work carried out during the time on the the island.
- Publicity via the Aras Eanna blogs and social media channels.
To apply for a residency, applications should be submitted “as Gaeilge” to email@example.com
Please include the following with your application:
- A summery of the work you plan to carry out on the residency
- Examples of your work
- Any other supporting documents
(Please see the Irish language version of this post for further details).
The closing date for applications is Friday, December 3.
Thanks so much to Ealaín na Gaeltachta for making these wonderful opportunities possible.
- Maoinithe le tacaíocht ó Ealaín na Gaeltachta, maoiniú a cuireadh ar fáil d’ealaíontóití i rith géarchéim Covid.